- Our curriculum is contextual for present-day English obsessed/international diaspora kids/audience.
- The curriculum provides teachers with a number of supplemental materials to make learning fun and multi-sensory.
- Evidence-based learning technique - spaced repetition. (1 hr session per week and 6 days of 15 min homework delivered through an app on the roadmap.)
- All of this is enabled through the use of technology (mobile / web app). This allows for self-learning, mastering -pronunciation & vocabulary, and building confidence.
- Novel in English means a fictitious prose but also means new, original, fresh and unique. So is AITL.
- நாவல் என்னும் தமிழ்ச்சொல் Novel என்ற ஆங்கிலச் சொல்லை முழுவதுமாக தமிழாக்கிக்கொண்ட பிறமொழிச் சொல். நாவல் is so integrated and assimilated into the Tamil language, that we often forget it came from English.
- AITL's is original, fresh and unique and is going to make you learn Tamil via English and become very proficient in such a way that you eventually forget that you actually learnt it from English.
Lean Syllabus - Focus on the kids. Guiding them from known to unknown.
Pronunciation - Not able to pronounce results in the kids perceiving that they are not speaking Tamil as it is supposed to be spoken. This results in a negative feedback loop resulting in them not having the confidence to talk Tamil.
Vocabulary - Focus on the smallest subset of words required for listening, speaking, reading, and writing - in that order. Learning words by categories (for example, all fruit) in sequential order, as most methods teach, is one of the worst ways to learn. Instead, it’s WAY faster to learn the most frequently used words first.
Build Confidence - The goal of each level is to come out confident with the content at that level. With that in mind, the emphasis is given to repetition and mastery. When a student finishes a level, they will come out confident with the learning objectives of that level.
Currently we support the following levels:
- Level 1
- Level 2
- Level 3
- Level 4
Bilingual literacy is more comprehensively achieving as we address all the 4 pillars of language learning viz - Listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
With the above being said, it is quite possible to acquire accreditation or bilingual seal using this curriculum. Please reach out to us and we can help connect you to the right resource to guide you through the process.
- Supplemental materials for each lesson: crossword puzzles, songs, activities
- Artwork for lessons
- Reference materials
- Remedial materials
- App / Website / Cloud Infrastructure / Technology related